Self Love Journal and Workbook has been generously gifted to me by Shirsha Ganguly. This review is based on my honest and unbiased opinion of this product.
Self Love Journal and Workbook by Sage & Bloom is a ninety-two page digital journal perfect for those who are starting a journey of self discovery and who are trying to lean to love themselves more.
The author, Shirsha Ganguly is the face behind the lifestyle blog Sage & Bloom and a woman on a mission “to inspire women to find their true selves, live their best lives, and love themselves wholeheartedly.” This journal is the fruit of her own personal journey to healing and self love after a difficult year of personal losses. Her hope is that anyone who uses Self Love Journal and Workbook will find it to be “a helpful tool for making their way back to themselves.”
Self Love Journal and Workbook is divided into five main chapters. The chapters take you on a discovery mission by helping you assess where you are right now and where you want to go.
- The Foundation defines self love for your and helps you explore what self love means to you.
- The Assessment portion helps you establish where you are right now. It is a great starting off point to get a general idea about your thoughts and feelings about yourself at this moment.
- The Journey is the most comprehensive chapter of this journal. It addresses many different areas of your life in great depth. It takes you on a journey of self exploration through guided journal entries with specific writing prompts. Your answers will help you identify areas in your life where you are whole and fulfilled and more importantly, the areas that are lacking and are in need of care to help you improve your life and well-being.
- The Road Ahead helps you identify your dreams and goal and create a roadmap of habits, behaviors and rituals that will help you get there.
- The last chapter, Resources, provides you with several titles of self help and personal development books that may come in handy when on a self love journey.
I found this journal to be a perfect starting point for those who are beginning their journey to self love.
It is well laid out and beautifully decorated. It is simplistic yet elegant. These characteristics make it very aesthetically pleasing and easy to work though.
I love the butterfly motif as it embodies the freedom one feels when they feel comfortable with themselves and this workbook most certainly tries to get you on the path to self love and emotional freedom.
The journal provides plenty of space for your own reflection. The questions and reflection prompts are organized in a way that you are truly taken on a journey from identifying where you are to what you want your life to look like in the end. I love that the questions make you look at both sides of the spectrum – the positive aspects of your life and the areas you are lacking. More importantly, it pushes you to address the areas that you feel need improvement and help you see what you can do to improve them.
I like that the journal includes self assessment at the beginning and at the end of this journey. I find that it is a great way to see where you were at the beginning and where you are right now. Ir helps you realize how far you have gotten since you started this journey. And the best part is that if you’re not satisfied with where you are at the end, you can always go back and complete The Journey and The Road Ahead as many times as you need in order to grow even further.
Most of the activities are simple, but not easy. Because let’s face it, analyzing yourself and your life is not an easy task. But all of them are very thoughtful and meaningful. I really liked the table that asks you to deal with your insecurities. And I found it very helpful that Shirsha provided a clear example explaining how to approach this question.
Another thing that stood out to me is that the journal provides you with mindful, but engaging activities. It’s not all serious. Certain activities have elements of fun to it as well. For example, I enjoyed listing thighs that make me different and unique and writing my own affirmations.
As a tactile person, I was glad to see that the download came in a PDF rather than an eBook format. I don’t mind reading eBooks, but when it comes to journals and workbooks, I prefer paper. Printing it out was easy and since I enjoy using disc-bound notebooks I had no problem making it into a journal I can write in while sitting in my favorite chair with a latte in one hand and a pen in another.
All in all, I think that Self Love Journal and Workbook is a great tool for someone who is starting on their personal development and self love journey. You can get yours today at Sage & Bloom.